The naming of Tiger Brand
In 1970, Mr. Ming-Tong Lin, the founding person named it"Tiger Brand," originating from the Taiwanese phrase"Tiger, leopard, lion, and elephant." In the animal world, the ranking of the tiger is the highest, also signifies majesty and dignity. Tigers are also mobile, smart and responsive. These characteristics of tigers are applied to Tiger Brand, the best rice noodle brand, putting quality, marketing and customers first."Tiger" and"good fortune" are homophonic in Chinese, it’s simple, memorable and blessed. Tiger Brand, this registered trademark was born in 1970.
The initial period of Tiger Brand
In the 1950s, the young man, Mr. Ming-Tong Lin started his career as a salesperson, and often went to various places in Taiwan to do business, especially around the are of Dihua Street in Dadaocheng. In the early stage, Tiger Brand established a deep foundation with the retailers by selling family-sized soy sauce in barrels. At the end of 1950, he started selling PuLi rice noodles, and expanded this business to temple fairs, catering services and restaurants. Trust and recognition developed deeply as word-of-mouth marketing branched out to more major customers. Since then, Tiger Brand has gradually become one of the essential rice dishes in Taiwan
Pioneers in commercialization of rice noodles
The first to introduce the sales of rice noodles to Taiwanese supermarket chains and hypermarkets. Tiger Brand rice noodles entered Dinghoa Shopping Mall, which was located on Zhongxiao East Raod in 1972. This campaign successfully brought Tiger Brand into the era of commercialization. In order to attract more attention, interaction with customers through on-site rice noodle tasting panned out successfully. Puli rice noodles were boiled in a rich and aromatic broth, rice noodles naturally soaked up the essence of the soup, giving it a chewy and irresistible texture. The spirit of Tiger Brand is to let customers enjoy the best quality, building trust and foundation in their heart.
Exports and international trade
During the period between 1960 and 1970, many famous Taiwanese companies
Transitioned from original equipment manufacturing to original design manufacturing. In this golden period, the economic development in Taiwan took the world by surprise. Tiger Brand made its first hit in1972, being the first to export Tiger Brand Puli Rice Noodles to United States. It was the best traditional Taiwanese rice dish for the nostalgic immigrants and students living abroad. In 1980, exports expanded to Japan, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong … etc. Tiger Brand successfully found its way into the world market.
The birth of classic rice noodles in 21st century.
In 2008, after the relocation of the factory, innovation by the R&D team, a classic masterpiece of rice noodle was created in Jiaosi, Yilan. The place was carefully selected for its clean environment and naturally carbonated water gushing out from Snow Mountain without any pollution, upholding the traditional rice cooking method, to retain the original fragrance and flavor of rice, this smooth and tender rice noodle has become a new classic in this generation. In the same year, it was certified by HACCP and ISO 22000 for its international food safety regulation. In 2009, Tiger Brand hot spring rice noodle was developed, optimizing the naturally carbonated water, nurturing hot spring Japonica rice, and traditional rice steaming method. This rice noodle is rich in aroma, with smooth chewy texture.
- 1970 Established Cheng Tung Trading Company in June, and Tiger Brand Rice Noodle
- 1980 Became original equipment manufacturer of rice noodle for domestic and foreign sales
- 1985 Marketing"Tiger Brand" in Europe, America, Japan and other countries
- 1987 Adopted new business method of separating production and sales,established Tiger Brand Food Co., Ltd. and Cheng Tung Han Industrial Co.,Ltd. after a capital increase.
- 1988 Given the Gold Medal Award by Taiwan Quality Food Association
- 1989 Given an award by Chinese Industrial and Commercial Development Association
- 1995 Established Hemei Factory in Changhua
- 1996 Developed the world’s first quick cooking rice noodles with seasoning Packages
- 1997 Established packing factory and delivery center in Shiding
- 2001 New branch established in Xiamen for maketing in China
- 2002 Established factory in Fujian
- 2005 Developed fried noodle, Dandan noodle gift sets as souvenirs in airports and duty-free shops, gained popularity
- 2007 Established Yilan factory (phase 1 plant in Letzer Industrial Zone) Cheng Tung Han Co., Ltd. changed its name to Tiger Brand Cheng Tung Industrial Co., Ltd. after capital increase. Company headquarter relocated to Yilan,Shiding factory became Taipei Shipping Center.
- 2008 Gained ISO 22000 and HACCP international certification. Established Yilan County Tourism Factory Association, being one of the eleven initiators,under the guidance of Industrial Development & Investment Promotion Committee of the local government.
- 2013 Completed the second phase of plant expansion in Letzer Industrial Zone
- 2014 Established Tiger Brand Rice Noodle Industrial & Cultural Center, namely"In that time"
- 2015 Developed 100% pure rice noodles, without additives. New sections,“Grandma’s Stove" and rice noodle making experience, were introduced in the cultural center.
- 2016 Ball-Shaped rice noodles were developed for the convenience of small family. At the same time, also entered the market of hotpots braised food and quick-cooking
- 2017 Cooperated with Tamsui Farmers’ Association to develop pumpkin rice Noodles
- 2018 Developed Tiger Brand taro rice noodles
- 2019 Developed the best-selling product, Tiger oyster fine noodles
- 2020 Developed best-selling sauce, Tiger scallion squid sauce.
- 2021 Completed the second hall of Tiger Rice Noodle Industrial and Cultural Center
- 2022 Establied Tiger Yilan noodle factory
民國六○ ~ 七○年代台灣從OEM代工轉型至ODM，這個時期造就台灣經濟奇蹟讓全球開發中國家另眼相待。西元1972年虎牌打響第一砲，率先將虎牌埔里米粉外銷美國，是許多旅外華人的思鄉傳統道地的台灣風味，滿足移民、旅居國外留學生的最佳米食首選。西元1980外銷國家擴展至美、日、加、澳、香港 …等等，成功將台灣米粉導入國際市場。
2008年米線經典大師之作，歷經遷廠研發創新，嚴選溫泉故鄉〔宜蘭礁溪〕優哉台灣雪山之好山、好水，自然湧出天然碳酸水質無污染，秉持傳統工法蒸煮濃郁的米香，香透滑嫩，成為新一代米食經典之作。經典米粉成為市場爭相選購的商品，再度引領業態推崇的指標品牌。同年榮獲國際食品安全規範認證HACCP與ISO 22000。品牌國際化嚴然成形。2009年 「虎牌溫泉米粉」研發成功，優選台灣雪山之好山、好水，自然湧出天然碳酸水質無污染，孕育優越的溫泉蓬萊米，粒粒飽滿精華。傳統蒸煮濃郁的米香，香Q滑嫩絲絲入味。
- 1970 六月創辦正通商行，創立虎牌米粉品牌
- 1980 為國際知名品牌內外銷代工生產米粉
- 1985 以「虎牌米粉」行銷歐、美、日等國家
- 1987 增資後更名正通行實業有限公司，同時設立虎牌食品有限公司(行銷公司)，採取產銷分離的經營方式
- 1988 榮獲台灣優良食品評鑑金牌獎
- 1989 榮獲台灣消費金商標及金字招牌獎
- 1995 設立彰化和美廠
- 1996 開發全球第一包調味包調拌式免炒炒米粉
- 1997 設立石碇包裝廠及發貨中心
- 2001 於廈門成立分公司，行銷大陸市場
- 2002 設立福建工廠
- 2005 研發炒米粉禮盒及擔擔麵禮盒，開發拌手禮市場供機場及免稅商店販售，反應良好
- 2007 設立宜蘭廠(利澤工業區第一期廠房)；正通行實業有限公司增資後更名為虎牌正通實業股份有限公司，同時將營運總部遷移至宜蘭，石碇廠改為台北發貨中心
- 2008 榮獲ISO22000及HACCP國際驗証；和宜蘭縣內另十家工廠，在縣政府工策會的輔導下，創立宜蘭縣觀光工廠發展協會，為十一位發起人之一；與礁溪鄉農會合作開發全球第一，利用溫泉米製造的溫泉米粉
- 2013 利澤工業區第二期廠房擴建完成
- 2014 「那個年代」虎牌米粉產業文化館設立
- 2015 研發100%無添加物純米米粉；文化館新設場景－阿嬤ㄟ灶腳及手作米粉體驗
- 2016 開發丸狀米粉，方便小家庭料理；同時也成功打入火鍋、熱滷味及快煮調味拌粉市場
- 2017 和淡水農會合作開發南瓜調合米粉
- 2018 開發虎牌芋頭調合米粉
- 2019 開發熱銷產品虎牌蚵仔麵線
- 2020 開發熱銷產品虎牌紅蔥魷魚醬
- 2021 虎牌米粉產業文化館二館完成
- 2022 虎牌宜蘭製麵廠設立